Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Slightly Lighter Touch in HDR

I'm still playing with HDR, just to see what I can do with it and to improve my skills. Here I'm trying to bring a little life into a picture that started out pretty flat. The first picture was taken on a very drab and cloudy day. The light and the setting resulted in some really subdued the colors. So I took a series of pictures of this setting at various exposures and then loaded them into Photoshop's HDR merger. There I brought up the colors using the saturation and vibrance controls. Then with the HDR strength control I tried to add a little more drama to the sky. I think it made the picture look a little more interesting. Also, since this picture was taken through a window, I had to use Photoshop to remove the reflections of the indoor lights in the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment