Friday, March 9, 2012

Food PhotoShoot

The following week I was called back to The Piper Pub to do some food photography for advertising and their menu.  I put a mini-soft box on my main flash and then aimed to shoot from behind one side of the plate.  Opposite that I mounted my reflector on my C-stand to bounce the light back into the shadows.  This arrangement highlights the texture of the food and makes it appear more three dimensional.  I placed my camera on a tripod and aimed it so that the view would be of the food just after the server placed it in front of you.  I went for manual focus on this project so I could pick exactly where the picture would draw the eye.  So that I could see the field of focus better I attached my camera to my laptop and switched it to live view so that I could see everything full sized.  Then the kitchen set to work, bringing out dish after dish.  I took lots of shots, never satisfied with the first picture but looking for ways to make it look even better.  This job was a whole lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to the next time I have a chance to do something like this.


























No comments:

Post a Comment