Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Hour Photo Shoot

 I was hired by The Piper Pub, a local restaurant, to photograph their happy hour for a new advertising campaign they are starting.  They needed some high resolution photographs to play in ads on the big screens of local movie theaters.  Oddly enough, the weather turned out to be the biggest challenge on this shoot.  The Piper Pub has big windows that face into the angle of the sun.  That's particularly challenging this time of the year as the sun hugs so close to the horizon through the day.  They put down the blinds but of course shafts of bright sunlight streamed around the edges and through the door.  So I was dealing with a zebra pattern of  really bright light while everything else was practically in shadow.  I didn't want to use my flash since there's only so long before I would start bothering the customers with my big flash gun.  So I had to resort to the "spray and pray" strategy where I shot lots of pictures so that something had to come out good.  In the end, we came out with something that we could work with.

Now next week I'll be posting on the food photography that I did for The Piper Pub.  That was a lot of fun as I got to work on many of their handsome dishes.


























No comments:

Post a Comment