Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ND Filter Fun


I recently acquired an ND filter and decided to have fun with it. The filter is kind of like putting welding goggles on your lens. You may ask "why would you want to do such a thing?" The cool part is that I can now do long exposures in broad daylight. There's various tricks you can do with long exposures like light painting and such. Day time long exposures open up other possibilities. This weekend I went out with the intention of doing long exposures of moving water. The Boise river was up to flood stage and I wanted to see what would happen when I captured all of that moving water. Then I went up to the foothills and took some pictures of streams and the runoff canals. I hope you enjoy the results.
Also I might add that you should click on the pictures to observe the full effect.













No comments:

Post a Comment