Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tilt Shift Photography By Faking It

I think the tilt-shift photography is pretty cool. It involves taking pictures with a special lens that makes one are of your photograph in sharp focus while the rest gradually drifts off into a blur. The result is that the real life sized things and people suddenly look like miniatur models. I've seen some stop motion video done in tilt-shift that was just amazing. However I"m not inclined to put out the bucks right now for such a specialized lens that I wouldn't use very often. But I've recently learned how to get the same effect in Photoshop using graduated lens blurs. I sorted through a bunch of old photos I had laying around and came up with some fun results. Next time I want to use this technique on some pictures that I've deliberately taken for this purpose. I think I'll have some really awesome.









No comments:

Post a Comment